Every Wednesday I bake something. Sometimes it turns out great! Sometimes it looks like a deflated, discoloured version of the picture in the book. Then I take photos of it. This blog is to motivate me to keep baking and keep photographing every Wednesday, whether or not I feel like clumsy-flour-fingers or I can't wait to strap on the apron. Let's go!
Wednesday, 11 July 2012
Queensland Cornflake Crunchies!
This week is about all things simple. I'm on holidays at the beach (yippeeee!) and life is revolving mainly around sleeping, eating, some swimming and bushwalking - feels like a slice of heaven!
So I'm taking it as a good sign that I only remembered it was baking day at 4pm this afternoon. We have no real baking ingredients in the house, so the answer was...Cornflake Cookies!!!! I adore these biscuits, blending a yummy doughy mixture with sweet sultanas and crunchy cornflakes (I opted for the Crunchy Nut variety - holidays are for splurging, right? Of course.)
So we picked up some flour and cornflakes, used the magarine that's in the fridge (holidays, remember?) forgot about caster sugar and used the raw sugar in the pantry. I didn't even think twice about not having any vanilla - and must admit, embracing the "anything goes" baking mentality was quite refreshing!
And you know what? They turned out great! Not the perfect cookie, but the perfect holiday cookie. And let's be honest, perfection isn't really commonplace in this blog. So join me next week for some more Enthusiastic Amateur Adventures!
xx Leah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment