Madeleines!
Who knew these sweet little shell-shaped morsels could taste so delectable?This week two wonderful friends both contributed to Baking Day - one by lending me a madeleine tray, and the other by spontaneously loaning me two gorgeous cookbooks on tea-time treats. What a lucky girl I am!
In amongst the glossy, mouth watering pages of "High Tea: Recipes With a Sense of Occassion" I found a recipe for lavender and honey madeleines. Now I'll admit, I was dubious about the lavender. I like the concept, and it suits our current season of harvest and dried herbs etc, but taste-wise? Really?
So it turns out that LAVENDER TASTES AMAZING. I left the madeleines in the oven a little too long so they browned a bit more than I would have liked, but the combination of almond, honey and lavender kicked my tastebuds up off the couch and inspired them to throw a party in their honour. Light and refreshing, perfect with a cuppa...need I go on? These are definite repeaters.
You might ask, "Why the featured piano accordion in this shot Leah?" Well, the simple reason is that I have a habit of naming instruments or objects that are dear to me, and my baby accordion's name happens to be Madeleine. This combined with a distinct lack-of-any-further-inspiration for my photo shoot meant that she gets to have her 5 minutes of fame here on my blog. See? Simple.
See you next week!
xx Leah
The Madeleines look scrumptious .
ReplyDeleteand by the way, I cook with lavender a bit- lavender and honey icecream, lavender shortbread,lavender lemonade lavender scones......