Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Tues, 17th January, 2012

I know, I know, Tuesday???  But I have a rehearsal all day tomorrow so Baking Day happily arrived early this week.

One area I think need to improve in all this: PREPARATION.  I once again found myself, the night before, scrambling to find a recipe that I already have enough ingredients for, and that I will be able to cram into an afternoon (ie. no time for any of that "...and let it chill for up for 4 hours..." business).

The lucky winner (okay, the only option left in Tartine that met these requirements) was:

                                                  Banana-Date Tea Cake

I had an automatic advantage with this recipe - it didn't have a photograph.  So I wasn't concerned with any unrealistic expectations of how well-manicured this cake should 'apparently' turn out.  Lucky, too, because I put it too high in the oven and came mighty close to singeing the top while the middle was still embracing wobblehood.

But apart from that minor setback, it all ended well.  Only the decision of how to photograph it remained...I thought perhaps it suited a picnic setting, so what better reason to actually go have a picnic!  My homies and I strolled down to the local park around 8pm (who loves daylight saving? I do!!) and ate way too many slices.  Yums.








2 comments:

  1. By the way, I fixed it so you can comment now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious - I like the banana along the top.
    x

    ReplyDelete