Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Wed, 29th February 2012

Today's Goal:
Improve my cupcake icing skills.  More specifically, master the freehand icing swirl without the use of a piping bag. Yikes.

Bake vanilla cupcakes
Check.  Greens packet mix.  Easy, light and delicious.  Plus, no time to make them from scratch when you begin baking day at 6:30pm...

Buttercream icing:
Looking good.  Light, fluffy and spreadable.  Tasty too - must remember to save some for the cupcakes...

Icing swirls:
Well I think I started to get the hang of it by the end.  Piped swirls would definitely look neater, but I do like the feeling of doing this by hand.  My goal to "master" this technique was most definitely not achieved, but I think I can get closer with more practice.
The results certainly fell on the scrumdidlyumscious end of the scale of awesomeness.  This recipe is definitely a 'repeater', as my friend Kiyomi would say.

Not many photos, as I took them in a rush at 10pm.  
 
  
(It seemed appropriate that my cupcake apron got to feature in this week's shoot...)





 Midnight cupcake.  Yums.

Next week:
No idea yet.  It's 1am and my brain is already tucked snuggly under the covers.  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. THey look yummy! you can make them when I come down next week!!!
    Ma xo

    ReplyDelete