Anyway, onto this week's Comfort Food project. The name of this dish makes my laugh nearly as much as the Clafoutis I baked in the first entry of this blog.
Introducing....Berry Grunt.
Seriously? Grunt? Yes friends, it's basically a comical alternative name for dessert dumplings. Yummy doughy dumplings swimming in a warm lake of berries. Perhaps it's name derives from the affirmative sounds made by the lucky few that get to sample such goodness on a cold wintery night.
Here are the little tikes bubbling away happily on the stove...
Now, I'll admit the final result isn't that attractive...although with the generally manic state of life happening at the moment, I'm not really taking my photography far beyond the, "Well, let's click 'er as she lies!" philosophy, which isn't doing anyone any favours.
But then again, this dish is called a Grunt, so I wouldn't be expecting Gourmet Traveller-glamour now, would you? (Well, to be fair I'm sure Gourmet Traveller could make a Grunt look like the veritable Miss Universe of desserts. But this is beside the point.)
Wishing you all at least one happy Grunt this winter season...
xx Leah
Did the 'grunt' taste better than it looks?
ReplyDelete